Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What's next???????

So I have gotten a lot of flak, because I don't really know which way to go with some of the comic stuff and the paintings. well I should say the paintings are coming out slower these days for a number of reasons.

1)more than one gallery wants my contemporary work
2)I'm looking to finish and push my figurative work
3)I have personal clientele that want nudes done

The comic stuff because some people see or feel that I have a slight advantage in having a door open. After the Fantastic Four, the question is do I want to pursue anything with Marvel, with the little fire that I have. YES. As a matter of fact I want to take it back and play with a flagship character. These characters are harder to play with because every kid and there mother wants to do them, and they consist of Spider-man, X-men, Wolverine, stuff like that.

If I'm doing this I'm not going in completely unawares or alone. Brandon Huigens will be scripting out the pages and we'll be sitting down plotting the thing out together (mostly him probably). I've always felt there was a magic that is there with his writing and our communication on and off the page. The way I look at it if you're going to play, play with every card you got. Peace.