Friday, August 15, 2008

another one of those moments......







This is something I came across just today, Carlos Meglia ,another one of the artists I continually looked at for inspiration has passed on last night. This one is a little closer because I admired and studied his work so much that a couple of weeks back I distinctly remember hunting down some books from him and asked Alberto Ruiz if he had plans to get together with him and produce a sketch book. I saw pictures of him wearing a pair of Mickey Mouse ears in a picture, which is funny because the next day the Disney store was giving them out for free. I grabbed three pairs and ended up running around the whole night with my girls- all three of us with Mickey Mouse ears on. Thanks Carlos.

Carlos Meglia was well known and published international artist from south of the border, and really there isn't more to say other than goodbye...a damn shame I never got to meet you.....and the fact that these artists that haven fallen this last year gave themselves to there work, friends, and family and should at very least get some kind of silent moment,prayer, and thank you. ---I know it was a long sentence....fuck you.